A little bit about us:
Smartfrog & Canary is an international IoT tech company focused on making everyday objects and places more intelligent and connected by enabling our users to access them from anywhere at any time. We want the latest technologies to be affordable and user-friendly so that our everyday lives become more comfortable, efficient and secure. Are you the kind of person who gets excited by new challenges? Do you want to help us find innovative solutions to those challenges? If so, we look forward to hearing from you.
What you'll be up to:
As a product designer with us, you’ll contribute to an experience-focused team that values collaboration, optimism, and stellar work. Your focus will be on our web and mobile applications driving improvements to our e-commerce and subscription experiences. As a member of our product design team you’ll also be collaborating on other challenges we are looking to solve for our customers by delivering new services and optimizing existing ones. Ultimately, we believe in holistic user experiences and deliver them through quality products, services, and brand.
You’ll be tasked with bringing a strong design sensibility to the UX and visual design of our web, and mobile applications, while delivering front end prototypes to the engineering team. Your challenge is to support the needs of the business while maintaining a high standard of quality for the design work. You’ll partner with the product, engineering and marketing leads to help define the user needs, and collaborate with senior stakeholders and team members throughout the design process.
- Approach web design with a responsive, mobile-first design process; defining the strategy from UX to UI and copy
- Drive an end-to-end process for the UX, from framing the problem and validating assumptions, to building and communicating solutions to the Product and Engineering teams
- Drive and manage the feedback loop. This includes sharing work with stakeholders throughout the process, getting their feedback, and iterating
- Own design planning on the team. Give input to the team on timing and milestones for design work
- Identify the various scenarios a user may encounter and define an experience that accommodates them
- Ensure brand consistency across all customer touch points
- Maintain asset libraries for reusable design systems
- Deliver all assets needed for development
- Deliver front end prototypes to engineering
- Engage in design QA to make sure we’re shipping quality
What you'll need to have:
You are an optimistic problem solver who exemplifies the values of collaboration and design integrity. You love to learn and to share the power of design with your colleagues. You’re self motivated and tend to exceed expectations when given the freedom to manage your own work. Your technical knowledge allows you to create feasible concepts and communicate by creating prototypes.
- 5-7 years experience as a successful product designer working in web and mobile applications within a digital agency/in-house team delivering for a product driven business/start-up
- Strong portfolio demonstrating clear solutions to business problems through effective design
- Experience working on e-commerce projects while ensuring aesthetics are aligned with brand, usability, and industry best practices
- Experience working with product and engineering teams to ensure proper implementation, as well as consistent execution of the creative vision
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge of design principles and foundations
- Experience identifying user’s needs, and defining areas for optimizations in products and ecommerce channels
- Strong knowledge UX best practices
- Strong visual designer
- Pixel-perfect with attention to details
- Strong communicator and presenter
- Strong grasp of your process
- Love of learning and problem solving
Even better if you have:
- Experience designing products for direct to consumer brands
- Experience working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work, with a collaborative and innovative approach
What can we give you?
- A dynamic office environment at an international tech company in the heart of Berlin
- The exciting chance to help building an international brand and to develop new products
- Flexible, agile and young company with a appreciation towards career development
- Full-time 40h/week
- Free fruits and drinks
- Regular company events