Who we are
At Choco, we have the ambition to become one of the largest and most successful businesses of the next decade. Our mission is to reduce food waste on a global scale by redesigning the food industry's global value chain. The first step towards realizing this mission is our food-supply ordering platform connecting restaurants and suppliers and simplifying the way food is traded between them.
Founded in March 2018, we have already raised one of the largest series A of the last 5 years ($45M). We are backed by top VCs such as Bessemer Venture Partners and Atlantic Labs, as well as startup leaders and entrepreneurs who have built companies such as Google, Facebook, Uber, SoundCloud, DropBox, and Delivery Hero.
About the job
This is an opportunity to join one of the most hard-core teams at Choco: our Cities Expansion Team. You will be responsible to drive growth in our new markets, developing and executing localized growth plans at record speed and moving to a new city every 6 months on average.
What you will do
Your role will be to manage the relationships with restaurant owners that are using our ordering app. In practice, you will have to do much more than that to ensure the launch of the market is successful. For this reason, you will also get to learn how to do Customer Support, Business Development, Data Analytics, Recruiting and much more, setting you on a path to become a Generalist and a true entrepreneur.
- You will study the city you are responsible for, manage your own accounts, create your own plan of action and have full ownership of your territory
- Be a killer relationship builder: hustle 24-7 to make sure your clients are fully engaged and satisfied with Choco
- Be a “natural-born” communicator: you have an innate talent for connecting with people and you quickly understand how to effectively communicate with a very diverse audience of users
- Find opportunities for improvement in all activities you do by being data-driven “to the bone”
- Learn quickly and do whatever it takes to make a market launch successful
The ideal candidate
- Fluent in German & English
- Went through University with ambition, appetite for learning and hard work, hence you have excellent scores and plenty of extracurricular activities
- At least one internship at a startup or fast-paced environment
- Competitive mindset: you are comfortable to perform under pressure and are motivated by the thought of defeating aggressive competitors
- Global Citizen: you can endure the hurdle of moving to a new city every 6 months and you are able to integrate into new communities and environments within days.
- Work Ethic: you are hungry to give your hardest effort and your best energies into building a truly successful global business. You are ready to do whatever it takes to grow Choco’s user base in a new city
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: We are building a truly global business at Choco but we are still just a small startup. Things are messy here and we are looking for individuals who can prioritize and get things done in such an environment
- Mission: Passion for the food industry and/or curiosity to learn everything about it
- Valid work permit
What we offer you
- Growth: we believe in hiring from within and retaining top talent so, as the business continues to grow extremely fast, you will be given the opportunity to develop and grow alongside it.
- If your dream is to get exposure to different areas of the business and learn how to succeed in any role, we give you the opportunity to move across different functions and learn everything you need to become an entrepreneur or a CEO within a few years
- A Stellar Team: the biggest asset we have is the amazing people we have been able to attract to Choco. As a Chocorian, you will be able to join a truly international community of people who inspire each other every day and strive to contribute to the mission
- A Worthy Mission: we deeply care about having a positive impact on the world and we have decided to tackle one of the hardest and biggest problems of our times: Food Waste and its impact on the environment. If you deeply care about the impact of your work and aren’t satisfied with “just a job”, this is your opportunity to make a difference.
- The opportunity to take ownership, grow quickly and make an impact in building a truly successful global business
- Amazing global summits and retreats where we connect and share ideas on how to face our biggest challenges (Glamping in Morocco, Skiing in the Austrian Alps and more)
Building Choco will be the most challenging thing we will ever do in our lives. The window of opportunity is small and competition will be fierce but we have the team and the resources to make it happen. If you are truly committed to giving your best energies and the maximum possible effort to achieve this goal, join us.
Eine Stellenanzeige der Gründerszene Jobbörse