Voted #2 in Business Punk’s Watchlist for 2019 in the areas recruiting and education, charly.education has recently released a new smart learning platform. Our new product will focus on enabling students to reach their full potential by digitally enhancing their study materials.
charly.education’s vision is to revolutionize the way students study. We are looking for a bright and passionate Back End Engineer (m/w/d) to join our friendly and collaborative Mitte based team, currently consisting of around 15 engineers spread across a number of disciplines. Do you want to be the force of change in digitizing the education market? Then apply now at firstname.lastname@example.org!
YOUR DAILY BUSINESS:
- Aid in the continued development of the APIs and services which support our user-facing applications, and the tools and analytics which power the rest of the company
- The technology you would work with would be primarily Go with a little Java/Kotlin (Spring), Elixir and Rust in the mix. We are using a microservice architecture, with services hosted in Docker containers scheduled by Kubernetes and hosted on Google Cloud Platform. We don’t mind if you don’t already know Go, so long as you can demonstrate an ability to quickly pick up new skills
- We're much more interested in what you can bring to the role than the qualifications you might have. A formal computer science background is not necessary but a thorough understanding of the art and the ability to quickly fill gaps in your knowledge is
- 2+ years of relevant work experience as a back end or full stack developer
- Excellent knowledge in at least one back end development language
- A love of engineering
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
YOUR BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Attractive pay structure: We offer a competitive salary in line with the market.
- Space for development & Training: Varied and challenging activities with plenty of room for creative participation. Training and professional support required to develop your career. Budget for conferences.
- Equipment: We ensure you have state of the art equipment at your disposal.
- Flexible working hours & home office option: Do your best work at a time and place that suits you.
- Team culture: We are a strong and dynamic team ensuring to celebrate the small wins. Regular team lunches and team events are part of our culture.
- Nice to have: Free Club Mate, a 24/7 coffee flat rate and of course fresh organic fruit for your healthy dose of Vitamin C.
Who is charly.education?
charly.education (formerly PlusPeter) is Europe’s fastest growing student platform, enabling students to optimise their learning process and connect them to potential employers.
On our digital learning platform www.charly.education students can upload their learning materials, create flashcards, summaries, notes and annotations and study in an efficient way. Students can also print their documents free of charge.
The company also owns the cross-media advertising network charly.media. charly.media sells various off- and online products, exclusively markets the social app Jodel and has a reach of over 2.5 million students.
We have started our first steps in digitalising education, and we want to leverage technology to support students along their learning career. Do you want to be part of this exciting new project? Then apply now at email@example.com