Senior Manager (m/f/x)
Product Management Europe
ITT'https://jobs.recruvise.com/media/jobs/220302/2019-06-03-11:56:49/3ac09a32-9798-4c7e-afb4-82dc114eeaa7/052919_Sen_Product_Manager_m_f_x/s%20Cannon%20brand%20is%20a%20leading%20global%20manufacturer%20of%20connector%20products%20serving%20international%20customers%20in%20the%20aerospace%20and%20defense,%20medical,%20energy,%20transportation,%20and%20industrial%20end%20markets.%20Whether%20delivering%20critical%20specs%20to%20aircraft%20pilots,%20streaming%20data%20through%20communications%20satellites%20or%20giving%20expectant%20parents%20a%20first%20look%20at%20their%20unborn%20children,%20Cannon%20connects%20the%20world's most important information to the people who need it. Cannon celebrated 100 years of making connections that helped make history. Cannon products were used in the first "talking" movies, and helped transmit the first messages home from the moon. Today, we proudly continue our legacy of innovating to connect the world and inspire the successes of the next century – because amazing things happen when great things connect.
The Senior Manager of Europe Product Manager is responsible for the assigned product families and reports to the VP Global Sales & Marketing. He/She (m/f/x) will be located in Weinstadt, Germany.
- Provide commercial and technical leadership for the European Product Management team to drive sustainable as well as profitable growth of the assigned product lines
- Drive lifecycle performance and profitability (gross margin) of a set of product lines. Grow product line in new profitable applications, market segments and geographies. Recommend and/or assist in the development of "go-to-market" plans for products in partnership with Sales and Marketing
- Overall global responsibility for product/ solution family performance and product family contribution to include development of business cases and final decisions around target cost basis, margins, pricing, major projects, regional market entry/exit, and overall strategic direction for the product lines and solutions
- Responsible for full global product lifecycle for the assigned product families including new product development plans, product enhancements, regional market priorities, and product end-of-life activities
- Contribute to the business strategic plan with alignment of product portfolio balance and strategic/financial objectives
- Collaborate with functional teams of sales, marketing, operations and R&D to execute the product roadmaps
- Develop and maintain product roadmap and growth plan for assigned product portfolio including product P&L and customer penetration
- Responsible for collaborating with Sales to establish order forecasts for the product/ solution family
- Manage product pricing, mix and margin strategy as well as implementation
- Focal point on market trends, customer needs, and competitive intelligence for the assigned product portfolio
- Cross-functional leadership entailing prioritizing of production, marketing, engineering, and operations resources; design and management of key business metrics included
- Develop, mentor, and guide junior employees, including succession planning for the product category
- Safety is a core value at ITT. Ensuring that you and your employees participate and complete safety-training programs, attend and participate in meetings, report all at risk behaviors, conditions and incidents, and that Job Safety Analyses are understood by and reviewed with employees.
Qualifications and experiences
- Degree in Engineering or Business Management
- Solid experience in product management, sales, or marketing roles in the technology or industrial industry
- Extensive experience with product life cycle management in a matrix environment with P&L responsibility
- Strong experience in developing strategic plans, product roadmap, and product launch
- Strong technical background to prioritize functions and features for the product portfolio
- Good knowledge of customer requirement process
- Good interpersonal skills and relationship management with internal and external organization
- Strong communication skills, both in English and German
- Influencing skills and positive "can-do-attitude"
- Confidence and comfort in dealing with ambiguity and openness to learn from others
- Strong passion for the business and commitment to success
- Logical and critical reasoning skills
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your full application materials to:
ITT Cannon GmbH · Cannonstraße 1· 71384 Weinstadt
Markus Beuttenmüller · Tel.: 07151 699-229 · firstname.lastname@example.org