We’re Point Nine Capital, an international early-stage Venture Capital firm based in Berlin. We’re a down-to-earth team with a diverse set of backgrounds but a single passion: startups and technology. Our mission is to find and back the best early-stage internet startups and help them achieve their full potential. We’re currently looking for a super smart and super driven Financial Analyst (m/f/d) who wants to enter the world of VC and join us at our Berlin office.
What will you be working on?
As a Financial Analyst at Point Nine you’ll work on a variety of tasks under the mentorship of Point Nine’s ops crew. The goal is to give you a broad and hands-on understanding of the relevant working areas at an early-stage VC. This is what you’ll mostly be working on:
- You’ll support preparing the quarterly reports of our funds
- You’ll work closely with our operations team on preparing cap tables and investor presentations
- You’ll be responsible for the execution of payments, cash flow planning as well as efficient processing of capital calls
- You’ll support the submission of regulatory reporting (German Federal Bank, BAFIN, FATCA, CRS, etc.)
- You’ll help us to maintain a consistent portfolio KPI reporting
- You’ll assist our legal team in the processing of transactions and related documentation
- You’ll communicate with banks and external service providers (tax advisors, auditors, insurance broker, etc.)
- You’ll support us in addressing inquiries from investors
- You’ll participate in projects (eg. support in setting-up of new funds, assistance in fund modelling, etc.)
- You’ll work on improvements of internal processes (incl. introduction of new tools) to further automate our operations
What does the right Financial Analyst look like?
You’re highly engaged, have an ongoing curious mind, your soul burns for the mix of finance, legal and operations and you want to have impact in a highly dynamic environment. Besides that, you bring the following:
- Business degree with an excellent academic record
- Relevant experience (2 to 3 years) in a big-4 audit firm, a fund administrator or a fund service provider or in a finance department of a start-up or a VC or an investment bank
- Excellent analytical skills, structured way of thinking and can-do mentality
- You’re great at self organization and task prioritization. You can work autonomously, but you’re also a great team player
- Down to earth mentality, excellent communication skills, passion and empathy
- You’re a digital native. If someone in your family has an IT-problem, you’re the one who fixes it
- Very good knowledge of Excel, Word, KeyNote und Google suite (aka finance geek).
- Fluency in English. German language skills are a plus
How to apply?
If you want to become our Financial Analyst please:
- Tell us about your favorite efficiency/productivity tool you are working with. Explain, in a few sentences, why we should implement it at Point Nine. If you're not using any great tools at the moment, you can also tell us about your favorite Excel formula or a favorite KPI and explain in which context you’re using it and why you love it
- Send us any other information you think might be helpful (keeping it short and simple)
Submit your completed application (CV, challenge, salary expectations and earliest possible starting date) via e-mail to participate in the hiring process. Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions!
PS: We’re very open to a non-Berliner who wants to relocate to Berlin. In case you’re not yet convinced that Berlin is a great startup city, check this out.
Eine Stellenanzeige der Gründerszene Jobbörse