If you enjoy being at the beating heart of a fast-growing startup and sucking up as much responsibility as you can handle, then read on. This job would be perfect for a recent graduate who wants to move up the career ladder quickly.
What we do
Locarta does location analytics: we analyse where groups of people go in the real world and look for patterns and insights. We’ve developed several products around this, such as measuring advertising effectiveness, or: "Does Lidl advertising really send people to Lidl?".
To do so we have a market research panel of people who’ve agreed to share their location with us (all in accordance with data privacy law, of course). We’re at over 2m users now, the data is flowing and is being used by 70% of the top retail brands in Germany. The current challenge is to smoothly scale the company as our customer base grows.
Currently we are 10 people, based in Berlin.
What you’ll be doing
As the Head of Operations, you’ll take responsibility for the day-to-day functioning of the company with its 10 employees. From keeping Locarta ticking over like a well-oiled machine to coming up with ways to improve things, you’ll be at the heart of what we do. You’ll also be the right hand of the founders (who have founded a hedge fund, a Y Combinator-backed startup and worked at McKinsey) and have a front row seat to everything that’s going on in a rapidly developing company.
- Keeping Locarta’s promises to its customers by making sure they get what they ordered, setting the report pipeline and liaising with the tech team to make sure deadlines are met
- Being the glue between our tech and the customer, the one who takes the numbers the data science team generates and visualises, sense-checks and interprets them
- Being a sounding board for the founders and participating in the discussions that shape the future of the company
- Improving systems and processes (e.g. HR, billing) — get to know our processes inside out and come up with ways in which they could be improved
- Overseeing our user relations team — keeping them happy and dealing with any issues that arise
- Office support — keeping things at HQ ticking over smoothly
You will also have the ability to shape this job. For example, if you like the idea of designing quirky analyses and running a PR campaign based on them, then by all means go for it. We appreciate you showing initiative — and will give you as much responsibility as you can handle.
You should be
- Structured, organised and detail-oriented — you love fitting the world into frameworks, and it annoys you when others don’t. You often pick up on details that others have missed
- A data geek who loves numbers and knows your way around Excel (coding, Tableau or database experience is also a big plus). You can manipulate data and tease out its real-world, practical implications
- A hustler who isn’t afraid to get your hands dirty – you want results, not just theories. You like to shape the world around you, rather than vice versa. You’re at your most comfortable having the freedom to work out what needs changing — and then just doing it
- Good at building relationships with other people (our customers and team) and can be persuasive when required
- A digital native who’s always thinking about how technology can be improved, is curious and has broad interests. When you have computer trouble you can usually figure out the solution yourself
- A native German speaker (essential!) and competent in English (the languages of our customers and office respectively)
How we’re different
- We’re a relatively early-stage startup, which is honestly the most fun time. It’s when the big decisions get made and the most interesting problems need to be solved. It also means things stay varied and interesting
- Our product requires a few great people rather than many good ones. Joining our team will give you lots of opportunities to shape the company from the early days on
- This is not our first rodeo: between us, we’ve started a hedge fund, done Y Combinator and worked for the UN and McKinsey. We’ve seen enough of the business world to know
- We’re at the forefront of a space that’s about to explode: location analytics is just starting to get really big in the US, while in Europe there are still fewer players
- We are all applied scientists – everything we do is data-driven
- We have a world-class team of investors and advisors
This rocket ship is going to Mars – claim your seat!
To apply, please email your CV via E-Mail, putting the German translation of ‘this is my cup of tea’ as the subject.
Eine Stellenanzeige der Gründerszene Jobbörse